This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Vegetable Salad with Tangy Avocado Dressing
This recipe uses avocado to make a creamy, healthy dressing that tastes great.
Servings: 4 cups
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup Jicama
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- Toss lettuce, cucumber, jicama, peas, and onion together in a large bowl.
- In a blender container, add avocado, orange and lime juices, and garlic salt; cover with a tight fitting lid, and blend until smooth.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
- Blend ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves with dressing for extra flavor.