This recipe provided by eatFresh.org
Servings: 8 cups
- 3 cups water
- 1 Cube vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups White potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cups Summer Squash
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece Scallion
- 1/2 piece Small hot pepper
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup tomatoes
- Put water and bouillon in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes, and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and puree in blender.
- Return pureed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken
- Note: You can add other favorite vegetables, such as broccoli and caulilower. Canned corn can be replaced by 2 ears fresh corn, 1½ cups.
Total calories: 119 Total fat: 1 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Protein: 4 g Fiber: 4 g Sodium: 196 mg
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 196mg | Fiber: 4g