This recipe was provided by Massachusetts WIC and adapted from Magazine.
Who knew zucchini could be so fun? Your kids are sure to ask for more of these “ribbons” seasoned lightly with garlic and oregano.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 zucchini small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- Hold the zucchini in one hand and the peeler in the other hand.
- Peeling away from you, carefully peel the zucchini into ribbons until you reach the seedy part.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the oil and turn pan to coat. Once the oil begins to sizzle, add the zucchini. Stir frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and oregano and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the ribbons become soft. (Add a tablespoon of water if the zucchini start to stick to the pan)
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Allow to cool and serve. Keeps in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Tips and Suggestions
- Try summer squash, carrots, or butternut squash depending on the season.
- Swap in your favorite dry spices or try Parmesan cheese to change up the flavor.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon or fresh herbs, such as dill.
- These are also tasty served cold.
- Add zucchini ribbons to whole wheat spaghetti for added veggie servings in your meal!