USING YOUR BENEFITS
Check Your Account Balance Before Shopping
- Register your card in WICShopper and tap “My Benefits”.
- Call the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-844-892-3084).
- Ask a store cashier to slide your card for a balance inquiry.
- Check the bottom of your last receipt for your remaining balance.
- Login to account on ebtEDGE.com or in the ebtEDGE app.
- Ask your local WIC clinic to print your benefit balance.
*If you have questions about your WIC benefits or need to make changes, contact your local WIC clinic. Clinic contact information can be found in WICShopper, tap “Find a WIC Office”.
Find a WIC Store
- Tap “WIC Stores” in WICShopper to find stores near you.
- Look for the “WIC Accepted Here” sign at store entrances.
Shop for Your WIC Foods
- Buy what you need. You do not have to buy all foods at one time.
- Pay close attention to your available benefits.
- Do you have benefits for nonfat or 1% milk, 2% milk, or whole milk?
- Do you have benefits for low fat/nonfat yogurt or whole milk yogurt?
- You can purchase any fresh fruit and vegetables (including organic!) as long as there are no added ingredients such as dressing, dip, nuts, etc.
- Applicable to fruit and vegetables ONLY: If the item meets the fruit and vegetable requirements in the Idaho WIC Food List, it should be paid for at the register. This is true even if a fruit or vegetable scans as “Not a WIC Item” when using the WICShopper “Scan Barcode” or “Key Enter UPC” features.
- Always pay with your eWIC card first, then SNAP, then other types of payment (cash, credit, debit).
- Before approving the purchase, check your mid-purchase receipt to make sure WIC is paying for all your WIC items.
- If using coupons for non-WIC items, it is recommended that you separate your WIC and non-WIC items into two transactions. Use your coupons with the non-WIC transaction so you receive the full discount.
- Keep your receipt. If you have a problem at the store, this helps WIC to resolve it.
- Idaho WIC cards cannot be used in other states.
- Benefits expire at 12:00 midnight on the last day of the month.
- Unused benefits do not roll over to the next month.
Caring for your Card
- Your card is re-usable. Do not throw away your card, even when all your benefits have been used.
- Keep your card safe and clean.
- Do not bend, place in direct sunlight, or near magnets/electronic equipment.
- Do not write your PIN on your card.
*If your card is lost, stolen or damaged immediately call the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-877-892-3084) to deactivate it. A replacement card can be mailed to you within 5-7 business days. If it is within the last 10 days of the month and you cannot wait for a mailed replacement card, you can visit your local WIC clinic to get a new card.
About your PIN
- Your eWIC card will NOT work until a PIN is set.
- Setting or changing a PIN requires the cardholder date of birth and mailing zip code.
- To set or change your PIN:
- Over the Phone: Call the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-877-892-3084) and follow the directions.
- Online: Using ebtEdge.com or the ebtEDGE app
- Create or login to ebtEDGE account
- Select your WIC Account
- Click “Account Services”
- Click “PIN Select”
- You have four chances to enter your PIN correctly at the cash register. After the fourth incorrect attempt, your card will be locked.
- You can immediately unlock your card by changing your PIN. Otherwise, your card will automatically unlock at 12:01 AM the next day.
- Do not share your PIN. If someone knows your PIN, they can use your card to get your benefits and those benefits will not be replaced.
How many WIC cards can a family have?
- Each family may have up to two cards.
- Foster parents will have a separate card for each foster child.
What if I plan to move or change my address?
- You must contact your WIC clinic staff. Always make sure WIC has your current mailing address and zip code since this is where mailed replacement cards will be sent.
What should I do if I need to change my WIC food benefits?
- You will need to contact your WIC clinic to discuss any possible changes to your food benefits.
Will my benefits roll over to the next month if they are not used?
- No, any WIC food benefits not purchased will expire at midnight on the last day of the month.
What do I do if I’m not able to buy a product I think is WIC-approved?
- Check the Idaho WIC Food List to make sure the product meets the requirements
- Check your benefit balance to make sure you have available benefits
- Tap “I Couldn’t Buy This!” in WICShopper and complete the form
- Take photos of the product and send to [email protected] for review. Photos should include:
- Product name
- Product size
- Nutrition label
- Ingredients list
What do I do if benefits were taken from my card and I did not receive the food items from the store?
- If you think the store has made an error, ask to speak with the manager right away, they may be able to fix the error before you leave the store.
- If the manager is not able to fix it, keep your receipt and call your WIC clinic, or call the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-844-892-3084) to file a claim.
Card & PIN
What if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
- If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, report it immediately by calling the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-844-892-3084).
What if I enter the wrong PIN at the grocery store?
- You have four chances to enter your correct PIN. After the fourth try your account will be locked.
- If you can’t remember your PIN or have locked your account, call the toll-free Customer Service Line (1-844-892-3084) or access ebtEDGE to change your PIN.
- Your account will automatically unlock at 12:01 AM the next day.
What is a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
- Your PIN is a four-digit number that allows you to use your Idaho WIC card at the grocery store. Your card WILL NOT work until you select your PIN. Choose four numbers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to guess.
- Never tell your PIN to anyone and do not write your PIN on your Idaho WIC card. If someone knows your PIN, they can use your card to get your benefits and those benefits will not be replaced.